Discuss NON Apprenticeship way to be a Electrician. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

thanks for the explaination, i ask because iv been working as a electricians mate for two years while doing the level 1 and 2 2365. However now im going to do an apprenticeship for my level 3 and nvq, so i was just wondering how long it would take me. I know to be self employed you dont need nvq3 but you know having it is good just in case work isnt coming in
i started my aprentaship in 2012 and finished it this year.

i know some guys that did there nvq in a year but i also know they probably fudged it, there that type of person

i started my aprentaship in 2012 and finished it this year.

i know some guys that did there nvq in a year but i also know they probably fudged it, there that type of person

hmm. what exactly does the nvq entail, do you enrol at college for it after level 3? who gives the booklet to fill in? do you have to take pictures?

hmm. what exactly does the nvq entail, do you enrol at college for it after level 3? who gives the booklet to fill in? do you have to take pictures?
the nvq is the whole course now.

before you get onto the logbook you need to have done the level2/3 certs and passed or have relevent prior learning

for example i had done my 2330 level2/3 before i started it.

you will be assessed via workplace witnesses and photo evidence along with writeups, not too hard inho just time consuming

the nvq is the whole course now.

before you get onto the logbook you need to have done the level2/3 certs and passed or have relevent prior learning

for example i had done my 2330 level2/3 before i started it.

you will be assessed via workplace witnesses and photo evidence along with writeups, not too hard inho just time consuming

thanks mate, so for the 3 years you were basically filling in the log book?

Would be interested to know what installations you have to show for the 2357 and more about Am2 (some times it sounds like a mace-ion test to join a cult)
Or a big post and you have a brown and blue cables coming off the post and you peace your nipples and attach the cable and.pull back to.see.if you can.last all night... To become a man my son, a electrician type...or is that just what plays in my mind

Would be interested to know what installations you have to show for the 2357 and more about Am2 (some times it sounds like a mace-ion test to join a cult)
Or a big post and you have a brown and blue cables coming off the post and you peace your nipples and attach the cable and.pull back to.see.if you can.last all night... To become a man my son, a electrician type...or is that just what plays in my mind

frmQCF_AssessmentTracker.aspx-page-001.jpg

frmQCF_AssessmentTracker.aspx-page-002.jpg

thats what i had to do along with writeups etc

Last edited:
basically, could have done it quicker but assessor was stringing it out. i had enough evidence to complete 80% of it iin less than the first 3-6months.

im not disappointed in a way because i have had a lot of hands on experience because of it

wow 80% of the book, but off course hands on experience is never a loss mate

wow 80% of the book, but off course hands on experience is never a loss mate
i have worked on some big projects though.

first proper new install job was 3 floors in a new hospital wing (inc rooftop plantroom and basement steam room)

doing work in some cat3 labs etc was interesting, first one we did the builders knew what they were doing

the second the builders were clueless and on a refurb as well

Reply to NON Apprenticeship way to be a Electrician. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net