Discuss Old light holes that are now to big, covertion kits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kyran

-
Reaction score
Question, what do people do with old down lights whole in bathrooms that are now to large for new LED down lights. The wholes are 90-100mm (old R63s fittings) and the LED lights that I want to use are 70mm. Now I know and have used conversion plates that have 70mm wholes in the middle. But I am lead to believe (could be wrong) that those whole converters are not supposed to be use in bathrooms as the IP/fire rating in impeded due to the fact the fitting is now sitting on a steel base that then press up agains the pasteboard/ceiling. instead of fitting into the pasteboard/ceiling.

What do people do/think about this.

Re: Old light wholes that are now to big, covertion kits

Could always over board the ceiling and joint&tape/plaster it. Conversion plates look crap IMO but I don't see a problem using them.

heres to conversion adaptor aurora make for the M10's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 145
Hi chaps, There is an easy fix. Most of the IP65 sealed unit LED fittings have an oversized bezel available as an extra.
See these two links for the fitting, and the bezel.
[NOPARSE]http://www.ledlightworld.co.uk/led-lighting/ceiling-lights/mla-7w-led-cool-white-ip65-downlight-with-white-bezel.html[/NOPARSE]

[NOPARSE]http://www.ledlightworld.co.uk/led-lighting/ceiling-lights/knightsbridge-fireknight-oversized-bezel.html[/NOPARSE]

Rgds
Gareth

Hi chaps, There is an easy fix. Most of the IP65 sealed unit LED fittings have an oversized bezel available as an extra.
See these two links for the fitting, and the bezel.
[NOPARSE]http://www.ledlightworld.co.uk/led-lighting/ceiling-lights/mla-7w-led-cool-white-ip65-downlight-with-white-bezel.html[/NOPARSE]

[NOPARSE]http://www.ledlightworld.co.uk/led-lighting/ceiling-lights/knightsbridge-fireknight-oversized-bezel.html[/NOPARSE]

Rgds
Gareth

Hi Gareth, welcome to the forum.

Two small issues, firstly if you have a vested interest in a supplier, as you do, and you post links without declaring that interest then it might be seen by some as being somewhat underhanded. Secondly we have an advertising policy on the forum so please don't post any more outbound links to your website.

Please feel free to participate in the threads but if you want to advertise I'm afraid you'll have to discuss becoming a forum sponsor with Dan who is the forum owner.

Many Thanks

Marv.

Question, what do people do with old down lights whole in bathrooms that are now to large for new LED down lights. The wholes are 90-100mm (old R63s fittings) and the LED lights that I want to use are 70mm. Now I know and have used conversion plates that have 70mm wholes in the middle. But I am lead to believe (could be wrong) that those whole converters are not supposed to be use in bathrooms as the IP/fire rating in impeded due to the fact the fitting is now sitting on a steel base that then press up agains the pasteboard/ceiling. instead of fitting into the pasteboard/ceiling.

What do people do/think about this.

If they are for use in a bathroom then these IP rated/fire rated downlight conversion kits look like they could be what you are looking for..

LEDLite Hole Conversion Plate - Brushed Brass

Reply to Old light holes that are now to big, covertion kits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net