Discuss Ottermill in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Did a PIR on offices today, they had an old Ottermill dis board, the main switch had no covers over the terminals and the busbars between the breakers had no covers either, anyone got any experience of these old boards and whether they ever did have them. What code on the PIR would you put on the test sheet.Open to opinion before I write the test sheet up

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

scotsparky

-
Arms
sparks those boards did have a busbar cover normally a little black one. And the MCBs had liilt flashguards at the side. The busbars had clipon covers.
They are redundant boards and it will be impossible to get any parts. A for the codes i would class 1 it as there is damage to equipment desighn which may affect the integrity of the D.B

code 1 urgent attention seems harsh after all we always isolate before removing the cover :rolleyes:
code 2 would be ok in my opinion
and in comments section i would put something like due to age and condition of cu inc parts missing i recomend this cu is replaced
some spares are available here
Buy Fuses Online from The Fuse Company

hasel5

-
Arms
Would also suggest code 2 but recommend to client to replace as have had the main isolator to the board short between phases when operated makes a big flash and bang and stain in pants.

scotsparky

-
Arms
Marksparks i went looking for 10,20,32 A ottermills a few months ago and ended up on Ebay to get them The only time they seem to be available is when a board is stripped out and the sparks puts them on ebay (going rate £10 singe phase £20 3 Phase).

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Ottermill in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom