Discuss Outside EM lights control in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi can anyone do an outside lights wiring diagram for me please,
  • Outside EM maintained lights
  • All be on 1 circuit
  • EM key switch for EM lights function
  • Contactor
  • Photocell for EM standard use
  • Override for EM standard use
Thanks

oh dear what .
1569522555283.png

Bradley could you not do it you self ..its not rocket science .
[automerge]1569523052[/automerge]
now Bradley start in the beginning what you doing with the EM lighting .

Last edited by a moderator:
all emergency lights turn on when the power is cut,
I presume you want them to be off unless one of the following is true
light switch is on
pir is active
power is cut

have I got what you are trying to do?

I suspect they are maintained fittings which can be switched on for general use or by dawn to dusk sensor.

I can do quick drawing tomorrow,
Just want a test function to test the battery back up on lights, also a PIR override so they all come on permenatly when ever I want them to, also there a maintained fitting so can be used for general use
[automerge]1569527852[/automerge]
all emergency lights turn on when the power is cut,
I presume you want them to be off unless one of the following is true
light switch is on
pir is active
power is cut

have I got what you are trying to do?
Yes with the option of the EM test switch
[automerge]1569527879[/automerge]
I suspect they are maintained fittings which can be switched on for general use or by dawn to dusk sensor.
Yes that’s right

I can do it for you.

Design fee is £50 per hour and I'm a slow drawer.

Feed (Line), Neutral earth to Contactor. Feed from top of contactor to Photocell L/IN, loop a feed to the Key switch. Key switch line to Emergency fittings. L/out from photocell to A1 of the contactor coil. A2 Neutral, Switchline, Neutral, Earth out of the contactor to your lights.

Hard to type it... If I’m free I’ll draw what I would do.

Break it down into seperate componants. Neutral and earth are easy, just connect to everything that needs it.

You need to take a live to the permenant live terminal, and this needs to be interupted by the test keyswitch.

You also need to take a live to the switched live, and this needs to be interupted by the photo cell.

You also want to bypass the photocell with a switch, so wire a switch across the lives on the photocell.

Or, insert a switch between the photocel and the light, take com to the switched live, L1 from the photocel and L2 from the live feed, and the switch will switch between them

Feed (Line), Neutral earth to Contactor. Feed from top of contactor to Photocell L/IN, loop a feed to the Key switch. Key switch line to Emergency fittings. L/out from photocell to A1 of the contactor coil. A2 Neutral, Switchline, Neutral, Earth out of the contactor to your lights.

Hard to type it... If I’m free I’ll draw what I would do.
Thanks I’ll do a drawing later, appreciate your help think I’ve got the idea
[automerge]1569577387[/automerge]
Break it down into seperate componants. Neutral and earth are easy, just connect to everything that needs it.

You need to take a live to the permenant live terminal, and this needs to be interupted by the test keyswitch.

You also need to take a live to the switched live, and this needs to be interupted by the photo cell.

You also want to bypass the photocell with a switch, so wire a switch across the lives on the photocell.

Or, insert a switch between the photocel and the light, take com to the switched live, L1 from the photocel and L2 from the live feed, and the switch will switch between them
Appreciate that I’ll do a drawing later and see if it’s all good thanks for your time

Sorry, missed the contactor bit, feed the coil of that instead of the light, and then use the switched terminals of the contactor to drive the lights. You will need 2 if you need a contacto
Thanks I’ll do a drawing later, appreciate your help think I’ve got the idea
[automerge]1569577387[/automerge]

Appreciate that I’ll do a drawing later and see if it’s all good thanks for your time

Sorry i missed the contactor bit but you would just feed the contactor coil instead of the swich live as mentioned above. And then take the switched contactor output to the switched live on the lights.

Reply to Outside EM lights control in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net