Discuss Pat tester in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky.knight

simple question really. If it was your money which of these testers would you buy....

1. seaward 250 primetest

or

2. kewtech kt71

the reason I have picked these two is because they seem straight forward, user friendly and do everything initially i need them to do. I can always upgrade when i become more experienced and when required.

thanks in advance.

No contest in my opinion. The Kewtech KT71 is very easy to use and ideal for a novice, plus it has a high current earth bond test for class 1 appliances IMO a pre-requisite for any PAT tester.

No contest in my opinion. The Kewtech KT71 is very easy to use and ideal for a novice, plus it has a high current earth bond test for class 1 appliances IMO a pre-requisite for any PAT tester.

ok thanks for that i have been leaning towards the seaward tbh. think its the name tho.....

any other thoughts anyone......

Yep I agree I bought the KT71 bundle and it was a goos deal with the carry case assorted leads screwdrivers socket tester and yes its mains operated but for the ammount of PAT testing I do not very much but I need it to compliment my business a battery version was not an option .

One thing the socket tester is an updated version of the Kewtech init that does a self test when plugged in and this got me into a flap because my other unit did not do this.

thats the reason its putting me off...... i do really need something thats battary powered really, hence why I am leaning toward the seaward.

Can you explain why it has to be battery operated so that we can get an understanding of what you are trying to do. Also the reason why I opted for the KT71 was that I do repairs for a couple of letting agents and I am asked by them and some private landlords to do the occasional PAT test ie in a property with the equipment sitting next to a socket so this model suits me plus I am not having to get batteries all the time. To be honest I dont really want to do PAT testing but I have to run it as what the supermarkets would call a loss leader for the time being I have paid out £700 so far for equipment and the C&G course at night school and have recouped £200 after 5 months so hopefully it will pay for itself within a year then its money for old rope.

mainly the company I work for we have a lot of properties with prepay metres in them and 9 out of 10 times when I go round they have no credit, so having something that is battery powered would save me a lot of hassle with going back and forward if the metre has no credit or no key to activate the emergency.

that is the main reason really.

mainly the company I work for we have a lot of properties with prepay metres in them and 9 out of 10 times when I go round they have no credit, so having something that is battery powered would save me a lot of hassle with going back and forward if the metre has no credit or no key to activate the emergency.

that is the main reason really.

Okay thanks that answers my question

Reply to Pat tester in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net