Search the forum,

Discuss price for 50 houses in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrismidd

how much would you charge fully inclusive of tax and vat do do a mixture of houses 1/2/3 bed and flats,maisonettes 1,2,3 beds
50 properties in wakefield
labour only.....
electric rewires

You'd need to supply a better breakdown of the details to get any chance of a sensible guesstimate Chris.

Number of each type of dwelling and number of circuits per each type of dwelling would be a good start. An accurate quote would be affected by the type of construction as well as other factors.

for a job of this size, the main contractor will be looking for avery competetive price, along with quality assurance ect. i dont think just bunging in a price will cut it.

This doesn't make sense to me. Surely if there were 50 houses that require electrical installations this type of contract would go out as a national tender????

i agree, it would most likely be a council or local housing auithority, and would be put out to competetive tender. They would be looking for more than the cheapest price too. Unless, they are trying work for a sub-contractor.

So if it works that way in the UK as well possible the op is looking for help with a pricing structure for his tender submission?????

how much would you charge fully inclusive of tax and vat do do a mixture of houses 1/2/3 bed and flats,maisonettes 1,2,3 beds
50 properties in wakefield
labour only.....
electric rewires

Mate: Anyone gives you a price based on the info you've supplied, do yourself a favour & shove them out the door. We'd need a lot more info to work on.

Dave from the pub does electrics, bet he'll do it cheaper.

50 rewires must be a council job, or Robbie Fowler wants to rewire some of his houses he rents out.

You'll need CHAS as a very minimum to be able to be considered for the work.

If its council work it will have to go out to tender.

If you don't have an existing relationship with the "requester" I'd recommend you politely decline the opportunity.

I expect he is talking about sub contract for council rewires

A starting figure my way is, believe it or not, £ 550 per unit across the board,that is most probably 3 men working like nigerians to complete on a day for a take home of about 180 before tax and expenses,tools insurance.fuel, van and more often than not,part p registered as well because the councils want sub contract to be full scope registered nowadays

If you are the main contractor,depending on the location,each unit(council prices ) is as little as £1,600 all in
The private sector can be anything you can pluck out of your head

These prices are fact,I know from personal experience of the tenders and the invoicing of these contracts
If you can still stomach the work at those rates crack on

Tigerpaul, no need to request excuses because there are so many schemes out there it is difficult to keep up with them all. CHAS is a third party Health and Safety accreditation scheme. It is as llywelyn 111 says a basic requirement for local authority work, is used by Housing Associations, Local Councils and some private sector clients as a way to ensure whether a contractor has the necessary H&S systems to undertake the work. The means by which you get accreditation is a paper based, form filling application and of course the payment of a fee. There are other schemes that do a similar thing. Hope this helps.

Reply to price for 50 houses in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock