Discuss Pricing in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rigga

hi guys

as you can see im new to this forum , so im not to sure if anybody has posted a similiar post like this before.

basically im a electrician who works for a company who only do commercial and industrial work , but ive been given a opportunity to price a re wire of a house as i have not really done much domestic work apart from extensions , kitchens , conservatorys etc for family and friends. i could do with some ideas from you guys how to price a rewire of a house and roughly how much cable etc do you think i will need.

im obviously going to do myself a materials list and get some prices for that.

do people add money to materials ?
do people charge per point ?

just after some tips and help

appreciate any feedback

1500 / bedroom + 1000 for cu + 1800 for kitchen inclusive of materials

3 bed house £7300.00 + vat

But will depend on the area you can n
Knock 5k off that for the north!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can knock the same off down south trust me lol.
Depends how big the house is mate ie rooms how many points they want the list is endless :D
Guy i used to work with from wales is a bit of a propety tycoon, He gets a 4 bed new biuld £1600 including materials. God knows how they make any money on that.
You ll have to price in biulding control signing it off for you if your not Part Pee registered(upto £300 depends on what they charge)

its a 2 bed house , ive been told if i get a electrician who has part p or test and inspec 2391 to do the board change and issue a completion certificate then i wont need to inform building control is that right ?

Tbh it's just a formula, fit the numbers to the area, in all honesty where ever you are in the country £600 covers the materials and that is using MK, takes me a week to do house to a good standard, crawling under the floors to clip cables, clipping in the loft etc etc, so if you get £80 / day then anything over a grand is profit down here I'm 350/ day but house bashing is less about day rates and more fixed price, I don't win them all but I have done 5 since November

ive been told by somebody else for a bog standard 3bed semi house the materials should come to at least £1000 and thats using crabtree stuff.

ive also been told by the house owner there may be a delay in getting walls plastered so im thinking of giving her a price for 1st fix and a price for second fix

its a 2 bed house , ive been told if i get a electrician who has part p or test and inspec 2391 to do the board change and issue a completion certificate then i wont need to inform building control is that right ?

They ll want to do all of it mate, Othewise there putting there name to your wiring!

Do it on a day rate and then when she starts adding extra's you wont be out of pocket and have to haggle with her about the extra's.

esp. if there's a delay between 1st and 2nd fix. i would deffo. split it into 3. work out price , say £50 per point, or cost out materials + time, suppose you come to a figure of £2700. 33% deposit, £33% on 1st fix, balance of 33% on completion.

esp. if there's a delay between 1st and 2nd fix. i would deffo. split it into 3. work out price , say £50 per point, or cost out materials + time, suppose you come to a figure of £2700. 33% deposit, £33% on 1st fix, balance of 33% on completion.
And 1% for us for helping :p

Reply to Pricing in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net