Discuss Projector screen wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I bought a second hand projecta compacte electric projector screen but there is no fitting on the wires. Anyone know what I need? The guy selling it was able to insert 2 wires I to the power socket and the screen came down, reversed the wires and the screen retracted. I've no idea about any of it though
20221228_222150.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually this type of screen is wired to a standard centre off switch. Is there not a wiring label stuck to the unit or cable? Is there a model number you can find the manual? Guessing the wiring isn't the safest option, and can end up causing permanent equipment damage. Are the terminals marked where the cable is connected to?

Most of them you connect blue to neutral, green/yellow to earth and one of the other wires to live. One will be up the other down if the bloke only connected 2 wires at a time. Be aware the unconnected wire will likely have voltage on it, never connect both wires to live at the same time.

Agreed. If you have brown, black, blue and earth, connect blue to neutral and earth to earth, and then select between black and brown to line for up and down. And as per @freddo whichever of black and brown is not connected will become live while running. Ensure the limit switches are set correctly to avoid unexpected rips!

Reply to Projector screen wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A friend's partner has an interesting fault, if it is a fault. She sets the shut down timer on the cooker and when the timer goes off (which in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Hi, I replaced an outdoor electrical socket recently with a 2 gang, BG socket which has LED lights to show when it is switched on. Since then I...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock