Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Puwer in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pushrod

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). I have my first exam on unit 1 of C&G 2330 this wednesday and noticed that Trevor Linsley's book basic electrical installation says that these are non-statutory regs and yet my handout notes from the college say they are statutory - which is correct?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

12345aob

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Statutory I think - I passed my unit anyway! Good luck - I’m sure you'll do well. I would always go off what the college gives you.

U

UK_Night_Owl

I got to do that exam at Gloucestershire College - Hypothetical really coz I'm going to be booted off the apprenticeship program in a few weeks!

Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regs 1998 - These are statutory.

Good luck with the exam

David

E

eskimo39

Hi Pushrod, just done that exam myself. They are statutory!!

It is my understanding that all the regs you are tested on are statutory except for BS7671 (17th Edition) as these are guidelines which if followed make sure you are complying with statutory regs.

Do a google search for 'Swindon Massive' you can do a mock test on there. Also try doing the mock a few times as it will ask different questions.
FYI I would also do a little research into symbols which I think is unit 2 as I got 2 questions about these (1 for a auto transformer and 1 for an intermittant lightswitch)

Good luck mate

P

pushrod

Hi Pushrod, just done that exam myself. They are statutory!!

It is my understanding that all the regs you are tested on are statutory except for BS7671 (17th Edition) as these are guidelines which if followed make sure you are complying with statutory regs.

Do a google search for 'Swindon Massive' you can do a mock test on there. Also try doing the mock a few times as it will ask different questions.
FYI I would also do a little research into symbols which I think is unit 2 as I got 2 questions about these (1 for a auto transformer and 1 for an intermittant lightswitch)

Good luck mate
thanks for the "swindon massive" tip - that was quite useful and looks like it could be good for other parts of the course as well. BTW i passed with a distinction (only got one question wrong) :D

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Puwer in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom