Discuss Ramifications Of Replacing A Defective Generation Meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevie gill

Dear All,

Had a phone call this morning from someone who had a system installed 3 years ago or so, reporting that their generation meter had become faulty . Their original installer is no longer trading hence why he's come to us.

The meter (Elster A100C) is still flashing away quite happily, but the screen is blank. I presume we'd have to replace the meter entirely? How would this effect ongoing payments with his FiT provider etc?

Anyone had any experience of this in the past, and can offer any advice?

Steve

Dear All,

Had a phone call this morning from someone who had a system installed 3 years ago or so, reporting that their generation meter had become faulty . Their original installer is no longer trading hence why he's come to us.

The meter (Elster A100C) is still flashing away quite happily, but the screen is blank. I presume we'd have to replace the meter entirely? How would this effect ongoing payments with his FiT provider etc?

Steve
why not call the helpline and ask, it shouldnt affect it as your not changing the design or install

Dear All,

Steve

https://m.eonenergy.com/for-your-ho...ariff-terms-and-conditions/EON-Feed-in-Tariff

this is what eon say. Section 10

why not call the helpline and ask, it shouldnt affect it as your not changing the design or install

I was thinking more towards the fact that they don't have a current reading on the generation meter, and once a new unit goes in, it'll revert to zero, meaning the customer could lose a quarterly payment etc?

Just as a point of interest, I actually take a dated photograph on the 1st of each month of both the generation meters I have. Anybody believe that they would accept them as genuine and not faked, if my meters were to go down?

I was thinking more towards the fact that they don't have a current reading on the generation meter, and once a new unit goes in, it'll revert to zero, meaning the customer could lose a quarterly payment etc?

I work for a DNO and I'm pretty sure that all that can be done is that exports are estimated for the perios during which there would be no actuall readings available.

Reply to Ramifications Of Replacing A Defective Generation Meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net