Discuss Remembrance Sunday in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Slowhand

It's Remembrance Sunday today so me and the missus are off to the parade and then the service by the local cenotaph.

There's always a good turn out here so I was wondering does anyone else on the forum go to their local ceremony?

it enough for me to get 'er indoors to stop rabbitting for 2 minutes, once a year.

Last edited:
Not been to one for a few years but still make a point of observing the two minutes silence on remembrance Sunday and at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day if it does not fall on the Sunday

Yes, family and I attended Church Service followed by parade at the local War Memorial. A volunteer had been sought from our Church to do the Bible readings and I offered. It is the first that I had attended since being made redundant by the Royal Air Force in June 2013.

Hi,

I was there today and I'll be there on Tuesday as well. Nothing we ever do will pay for the sacrifice that those men and women did for us.
We will remember them.

Regards.

Reply to Remembrance Sunday in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

There was always talk of teleswitch transmitters being switched off. Does anyone know if that is a thing, or whether it’s been done? I was at a...
Replies
Views
Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
As a non-electrician (I make the tea in the forum imaginary office, I think the tea is real though) I wonder, is there a way to avoid a...
Replies
Views
Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock