Discuss Remove plug from a 3 way switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a plug that is on a switch, but I want to make it always hot. It is also a 3 way switch, so I am not 100% sure what to do. I'm somewhat experienced with electrical, but I can't get an electrician to my house due to the quarantine.

a photo showng the switch wiring would help. be sure to isolate at main panel before opening switch.

a photo showng the switch wiring would help. be sure to isolate at main panel before opening switch.
elect.jpg

Thanks, lot more connections here than I expected.

what wires are connected to the switch that contols the socket, what colors and how many?

Is the tab still in place between the two hot and neutral terminals if so it is feeding another point. If not those receptacles have two separate supplies.

Is the tab still in place between the two hot and neutral terminals if so it is feeding another point. If not those receptacles have two separate supplies.

Pretty sure it is in place, the same switch controls both recepticles in the plug. It is a 3 way switch since I have two switches that can control the recepticle and overhead light.

I have a plug that is on a switch, but I want to make it always hot. It is also a 3 way switch, so I am not 100% sure what to do. I'm somewhat experienced with electrical, but I can't get an electrician to my house due to the quarantine.
Could you give us a pick at the switch and you can do it in the switch or the receptacle. The receptacle should have several black wires under a wire nut which is live all the time. Cut the wire on the gold screw on top of the receptacle which appears to be marked and tie it in with the live wires in the wire nut. The other end of the wire you cut just tape it up

Could you give us a pick at the switch and you can do it in the switch or the receptacle. The receptacle should have several black wires under a wire nut which is live all the time. Cut the wire on the gold screw on top of the receptacle which appears to be marked and tie it in with the live wires in the wire nut. The other end of the wire you cut just tape it up
Here is one of the two switches. I'd prefer none of the plugs to be controlled by the switch (want them always hot)

Attachments

• elect(2).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Remove plug from a 3 way switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net