Discuss rental properties in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

Guys what is the definition for PAT testing in a rental property with regards to stationary equipment table 7.1 in the COP does not mention this ? i am looking for the time interval between testing and would be much obliged if you could put me right.

Oldtimer
The Landlords’ Guide to Electrical Safety in Scotland is produced principally for landlords.
However, electrical contractors, installers and tenants may also find the information useful.
The aim of the Guide is to provide landlords with information to assist them with meeting
their legal obligations in terms of electrical safety and to understand their responsibilities
to help keep their tenants safe. To assist readers, references to other publications
and/or website addresses are provided within this Guide, but it is not our intention that
landlords purchase such publications. This Guide has been produced by the
Electrical Safety Council*

There is a table in the guide. I cant remember where i downloaded the guide but Pm me and i will email you a copy.
Ricky.

Yep had a look at it and it depends on how you risk asses it yep clear as mud the very thing PAT was meant for and no mention of rental properties in the COP surprise surprise

Rental properties are classed as commercial for EICRs and PAT Testing.

If you have a 6 month turn around (or risk of) in the property then put 6 months on them - if the landlord asks why just explain to him/her that the tenants could do anything and your recommendations are every 6 months - if there is 1 family/tenant who has been there for several years and not likely to move (long tenancy) then its relatively low risk and maybe every year.

I dont know as far as Scotland because they have the landlord licencing in place - Wales are looking at this now but not sure whats happening as its just talks at the moment.

If your in any doubt ask the local council they will advice you as they issue the licence - if you feel it should be more often than they say get their opinion. Your the electrician so its your call!

Reply to rental properties in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net