Discuss Rewire Cost?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Snapester

Rewiring a house it is 8 room house over 3 floors, each room has average 5 twins per room switch and light and TV & telephone point.
2 rooms have 5a sockets for lamps.

Some rooms have been stripped out and couple need chasing out in this price they also want alarm fitted out.

The kitchen is huge and the design is not complete so i haven't priced to include this yet?

But basically i have said £4000 including materials for the main of the job does this sound good or have i undercut myself so far?
I have £1600 materials so far this is at my cost price.
I have worked it out at around 6 days completion including day testing.
This is with me and a labourer.

I have now come up with this costing do you think it is more inline!
Does this sound more realistic to you guys?

4 Days Sockets & Supply's
2 Day Lighting & Switches
1 Day Alarm Cabling & Connecting & Commissioning
1 Day Phones & TV Wiring
1 Day Consumer Unit & Extras
1 Days Testing & Certifying

Original Budget ex Kitchen work - £4000
Materials Cost inc. Alarm gear - £1895.23
Labour - £3300.00

Total - £5195.23

i'd have put £200 - £250 mark-up on the gear. but been about £3000 on labour, so your £5195 looks good.

Thanks mate, thats with 2 of us so you think thats a good price? The customer seems to think thats alot and pictures it more about £4000 lol i just dont get it sometimes people are very unrealistic!

It's a bit high for my neck of the woods but we're all skint up here in the frozen north. Since when did your average punter know what's what? Tell him if he can get it done for 4k to go for it. Don't waste your time on someone who could just be a chancer mate

so come down to £4500 on the condition that he pays 50% UP FRONT. and make it absolutely clear that the price is for what you have spec'd and any variations/additions will be extra cost.

True mate, its just kinda a guy i done a bit for like and he likes to try it on, i gave him a price last year and its only just come round to seeing the job like and its a whole other ball game like, although the place is gutted out its alot to get done in such short time limit!

Ya think your second price is more like it! Don't go to cheap on materials because if any thing go faulty they won't be expecting to pay for changing items

Reply to Rewire Cost?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net