Search the forum,

Discuss Rewiring?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eddyg2007

Hi guys just wondered what you would nomrally charge to completelly rewire a 3 berdoom flat(shower, sockets, lights,cooker, immerse)r?

depends on a few things really, is it lived in? is their lots of furniture? is it a basic rewire just sockets and pendants, not spotlights and extras etc.

work out how long it would take you, charge 160 pound per day, full cost of materials and then some, cost of plastering, cost of registering the certificate etc.
if its a flat i am guessing it is all on 1 level and you can get beneath the floor boards or wire in a loft space?

provide a bit more info and i'l tell you roughly what i would charge.

No i'm not doing tv points,

It is an upstairs flat with access to the loft and also should be easy enough to lift up the floorboards without moving the furniture.

There will be 2 of us doing it and I will be getting someone else to do the certification once the job has been complete,

Ive been looking around and thinking about £3000?

Thanks

£3000 sounds a lot for a flat,price it per point,thats what i find easy method for rewires.
I price 3 bed houses for around 2 k with outside lighting and still seem to be undercut!:eek:

£3000 sounds a lot for a flat,price it per point,thats what i find easy method for rewires.
I price 3 bed houses for around 2 k with outside lighting and still seem to be undercut!:eek:

In fact a lady rang me back today to let me know i had not got a 3 bedder job for which i qouted.
It was nice and first ever customer to ever let me know id lost a job!Normally just dont hear back from them,Which was good in a weird way:D! She getting it done for £1800.00 :(

£1200 is rediculous! That must be one socket and a 1 way centre light per room.
I recently rewired the sockets, and 2 outside lights in a 3 bedroom house on day rate, and that bill alone came to £1800 with Satin stainless sockets. And we didn't hang around either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be careful with pricing fellas...

By all means, reduce your prices but dont do it with no profit.

Once the word gets about that you are 'cheap', then everyone will expect it.

just fitted it in around other stuff wasnt too bad but ur right about doing it cheap it wouldnt have got touched for less than 1800 if it wasnt needed.

just had to do 1 for £1200 3 bed with plastering needed the work was only basic though

No wonder we struggle and cant make a decent living. Qualified registered sparks should never ever put prices in like this for a full 3 bed. Making the rest of us suffer!!

i ve seen people that will take 25 pound a day, and the customer i still not happy thinks he s doing you a favour, like a customer wanted me to fit 4 sockets for fifteen pound, beat that

I want to make 200 a day for myself. All the materials and other costs come on top of that! Otherwise.... whats the point??? might as well get a site job and turn up, do my 8 - 9 hours no stress, no worries..

Yes i agree £160 - £200 a day is a good price, i always estimate houses with a 3 bed £3000 -£3500 roughly depending on what needs doing it also depends on where you live in the country but i have been offered work as some local guy was so cheap the customer thought they must have been a cowboy as they usually get 2 or 3 quotes and his was really cheap so beware dont undercut yourself to much or we are all working for peanuts!!!

Reply to Rewiring?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net