Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Ring Doorbell Pro wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I am looking to install a ring doorbell pro. It comes with a 24v Transformer which should be installed on a DIN rail. As there are no space left on a CU, I am planning to get it installed on a enclosure with a DIN rail and connected from a FCU with 3A fuse spurred from a socket. the door bell is about 5 meters away from were the transformer will be installed, so decided to use a 2-core flex 0.75mm and bury it in a ceiling/wall.

First of all, is there anything that I've missed, is there anything that would not comply with the regs? and in terms of routing the cable, can I use the existing holes in joists alongside 230v cables? or would that not comply and require another route separated from other circuits?

Thank you

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
An earth in this 2-core flex.
The 2 core flex will be connecting the doorbell and the transformer at 24V. not sure why would you need an earth there, if it would not be connected to anything?

SJD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
The 2 core flex will be connecting the doorbell and the transformer at 24V. not sure why would you need an earth there, if it would not be connected to anything?
Apologies, I read it that the 230V cable was in flex, my misunderstanding.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
No worries. Can a flex at 24V run next to other cables at 230V? Through joists, etc.
yes as long as it is rated for 230v.

(I know its 24v, but if running in a bunch, all cables should be rated for the highest voltage in the bundle)

Last edited:

Reply to Ring Doorbell Pro wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom