Search the forum,

Discuss Security light switching in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

had a customer as me something yesterday that baffled me a little.

he asked when I fit his security light can I but a switch on which allows his to switch modes to have constant light then flick the switch again on and off to reset the light to sensor activation again.

he said the previous lights on his old property were able to do this.

is it possible or is he talking a load of old ballocks?

cheers

dan

As Fox says it's quite a common feature but it does depend on the PIR that's been fitted, not all of them do it.

If you have four terminals at the sensor light then you can just install a manual override switch as well as a sensor on or off switch.
PIR light with 3 core manual override.jpg

Reply to Security light switching in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, medium to beginners experience in electrics. I placed a 250w security PIR light outside. I connected it to the inside first-floor...
Replies
Views
Hi Eveyone. I'm curious about the 3 way switching arrangement similar to that seen in a hotel room. Switch at door with two additional switches...
Replies
Views
I threw away an old knackered light switch and now need to replace it. It had 4 terminals (L1, L2, L3, L4) and is fed by two blue and two red...
Replies
Views
I've just changed the bulb in an outdoor PIR security floodlight (to LED). But the light stays on by default, and turns off when I go outside. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there I am getting someone in to change an outdoor switch and outdoor wall light (like for like). The old switch and light was covered by a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock