Discuss Show your insulated tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Presumably they have been used, but if they were not clean and with no visible damage on them then they would not be permitted to be used as the insulation rating could be compromised.
Obviously it is all down to the company's risk assessments and method statements/codes of practice but insulated tools working will generally need to be clean and undamaged with regular inspections and testing

I agree with you again.
I've altered the quote a little, and I think that principle should be applied to all tools

I agree that they would eyed to be undamaged and regularly inspected but I've been working with dno's for years and never seen a guys tools looking in that mint condition. a couple of mine are in that good nick but not all.

Hi everybody, i want to show my insulated tools and i would like to see yours,my tool are Facom. Knipex and Cimco.
2zj9pa0.jpg

6fbn6f.jpg

2euslmw.jpg

jl6xs2.jpg

16k2exj.jpg

2heep6w.jpg

25s78cm.jpg

1433rwl.jpg

2ms3ja1.jpg

1sgpao.jpg

Not been that busy then? only kiddin nice set of tools

Like this:

Knipex 98 62 02 VDE Insulated Snipe Long Nose Plastic Pliers 220mm Fuse Pulling | eBay

I've bought some Knipex stuff from this seller without a problem.

Yeah gave to agree, this guy xpn1 on ebay is good and have also used him a lot

Yeah that's the kiddies, wonderful for doing such terribly naughty things as disconnecting or connecting a single circuit in a live DB. Also very good for generally manipulating cables in a small enclosure due to them being a little softer in their grip on the insulation.
Well the collection is looking a bit better, thank you. (but my wallet is not:sad3:).
Selection is now Aldi, B&Q, random ebay seller :stuart:(with recommendation)
XPN1 pliers 3mm Allen.jpg

XPN1 pliers 3mm Allen.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you're not planning to do terribly naughty things now - just because davesparks does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a breed apart - you pyro boys, one day we'll all get to 'light the blue touch paper and retire' but this government probably won't let it happen until we are 85!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My tools
Pliers are Schneider
Side cutters Knipex
Screw drivers are a mix of Bahco, Draper. My most used driver is 4mm x 100mm is CK with a cheap backup bought from Screwfix.
Long nose pliers bought from Wickes

My pliers used to be Knipex but they were borrowed by an electrician when I was testing for Schneider so my site contact replaced them.

I have a hotch potch of VDE tools. I have a set of 1KV screwdrivers made by 'Futur' or at least that's what's printed on the handle. They were cheap even though they came from somewhere on the spice route (about 15 quid for the set) but have actually lasted very well. Apart from them I splashed out on Knipex VDE side cutters and long nose pliers, a no-name VDE adjustable spanner and a few VDE allen keys for common MCCB and ACB terminals. Not sure if my gloves, apron and Ex rated flashlight count as VDE.

Reply to Show your insulated tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net