Discuss single core in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tweegs

I've been asked to wire a shed the customer said that he has got the cable when I looked at the cable it was single core like pme cable I guess the neutral and earth are both in the armoured sheath has anyone used this cable before?

It could be concentric or split concentric. Neither can be directly buried. Concentric you can’t use at all for domestic systems.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, find an electrician that does.

Click HERE

splitconsentric2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
split con has seperate insulated neutral cores for tn-s
con just has bare outer cores for tn-c-s.

as both types still require rcd protection , they have rather limited use for sub-mains or exterior circuits.

There is a large electrical contracting company in my area that uses split concentric cable for sub - main cable between the DNO's OMB and consumer units when distance is more than 3 mtrs. They have been doing it for years. Easier to install than SWA cable.

Reply to single core in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A friend of mine got a 2nd hand coffee machine (OK, probably 3rd or 4th...) for use in a charity cafe and it has problems. First problem is no...
Replies
Views
A friend of mine wired a 10mm 3 core armoured cable to his shed before I got involved and wired it himself already. He wants make it an air bnb...
Replies
Views
I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
Hi I have inherited a compressor with a single phase motor but its been stripped and I need to fathom out what's what.. I don't know if it even...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I don’t really know where to post this, sorry if it’s in the wrong place. After posting a thread about old lead sheathed cable in my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock