Discuss Starting to annoy me! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimmymac

Just had a phone call from my dad, haven't heard from him for 2 weeks since i had to go to his house because he couldn't work out his central heating programmer, here's how the conversation went

Dad: hi son

Me: hi dad

Dad: hows work?

Me: steady at moment, went quiet for a week but its ticking over

Dad: are you working this weekend?

Me: just saturday

Dad: i need you to fit my TV ariel on sunday if your not working

Me: i'm taking the kids out in the afternoon

Dad: you can do it in the morning then, also, does your mate still work at that garage?

Me: yes

Dad: I need some wipers for the car and i need the MOT next week so can you get that sorted for me?

Me: i'll ask him

Dad: i'll be working so you'll have to take it for MOT, anyway, i'll let you go now, see you sunday son

Me: just before you go dad, you gran-daughters are fine, thanks for asking

Dad: i knew they would be, see you sunday son

When did i stop being a person and just become a service for the family?

Does anybody else get this? Its starting to really get under my skin!

But it would be nice to be asked and not told, and the point is he only ring when he wants something

to be fair its what us kids no matter what age have done over the years,hes your dad,remember what he's done for you over the years,i lost mine a while ago,id swap a few things for one of those calls now tbh..just help him out

to be fair its what us kids no matter what age have done over the years,hes your dad,remember what he's done for you over the years,i lost mine a while ago,id swap a few things for one of those calls now tbh..just help him out

I know your right in what you are saying, he's done alot for me. I just like to have a whine now and then to get it off my chest, its still really annoying though

I know what you mean Alarm man but don't forget that Jimmy is a dad himself and wants to spend time with his kids when he is not working

as most of us are too..but thats not really a problem,maybe its a generation thing..i dont know..but in the future i'll be asking my kids for favours,and they better do it or its all going to the dog shelter..:drunk:

Im 22, i lost my dad when i was 19.. Wish i could have grown old to get these phone calls :/ think of how many years he had looking after you as you were young ;)! You will have it with your children when your older its just the way of life.. If your son/daughter became a lawyer for example and u needed a lawyer you'd go to them ;)

Reply to Starting to annoy me! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net