Discuss Strange reading. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robo

Ring main.

End to end readings
LL 0.47
NN 0.47
EE 0.73

I calculate the R1 + R2 to be 0.24 however im getting im just get 0.00

ELI 0.44
IR >500

Would the low reading be due to parrellel paths as i cross connected at socket.

Thanks robo

When measuring (R1+R2) you have both disconnected from supply and cross connected at the CU so it can't be parallel paths mate. Top of my head I'd make the reading 0.32 ish.

I would re check your connections when cross connecting in a figure of 8 as you should be around 0.3 ohms.

What is the reading when you cross connect the line and neutral conductors?

0.47 + 0.47 /4 is what you should be getting at s/o on the ring!

Your loop test looks OK what is the ZE ?

I cross connected in socket which may have been foolish? I definately cross connected correctly. appolgies it should be about 0.3 ohms for R1+R2.

The ZE is 0.12

Iv been round with plug in tester and theres no cross connections. unless hidden in fcu??

I cross connected in socket which may have been foolish? I definately cross connected correctly. appolgies it should be about 0.3 ohms for R1+R2.

The ZE is 0.12

Iv been round with plug in tester and theres no cross connections. unless hidden in fcu??
The reason for cross connecting in the CU is so that you don't have the live conductors connected!

Reply to Strange reading. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Did a check on a ring circuit, due to board having to remain live I did it at a socket.. Was an RCBO, had checked RCD side and all tested ok...
Replies
Views
Looking for some guidance here. I'm currently shadowing a guy and we're testing a new extension on a school. 3 phase TNCS supply from the original...
Replies
Views
Domestic house, ring final circuit on an rcbo, end to end tests: r1 = 0.95 ohms, rn = 0.98 ohms, r2 = 1.02 ohms. It's rare a reading is too...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Busy doing an EICR and on 2 of the Socket Rings for the dead test I get the following results: Step 1: End to End (0.32 ohm r1, N ) & (r2...
Replies
Views
My main tester is a Megger MFT1711, which I bought second hand but came with a calibration certificate. Rather than annual calibration, I have a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock