Discuss Supply cable in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

currie123

Hi, was looking for some advice please,
I have just been at a flat where the supply enters on the downstairs stairwell and this is where cut out and meter are sited,along with a redundant storage heaters consumers unit which I will remove. Also here is a 60amp switch fuse which supplies the domestic consumers unit for the lights and sockets etc. all this seems fine to me as the switch fuse is supplied by 16mm tails however the supply cable from here up to the consumers unit upstairs is wired in a what looks like 16mm 3 core swa cable but isn't swa and has stranded earth and neutral cores.phase is definitely 16mm tho. Wondered if this is acceptable ? It looks like what i wiuld describe as a scottish power ir dno supplier type cable.
The run is approx 15m inside a wall and in loft space. No rcd protection currently. The cable terminates into Henley blocks at the consumers unit end then tails to the board.
Advice appreciated.

Okay thanks tony that's what it is! Cheers for that, would you suggest replacing the 60amp switch fuse with 63amp rcd then, would imagine that would be fine? I will be fitting 17th edition consumers unit on the other end of this cable, discrimination? Cheers

Ok cheers there isn't much spare on the concentric cable to work with so would you feed the switch fuse with the meter tails, back out of it with more tails and then into rcd unit , with the load on the rcd unit being the concentric cable to the domestic db upstairs? Sorry want to make sure it's right!

Have fun with the cable, if you take the time it can make a nice job. Otherwise it can look a dogs dinner.

PS there is a thanks button.

Reply to Supply cable in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net