Discuss Surge Protection Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Let me say from the off that although I'm electrically competent I'll be getting a professional in to do the work. I just like to know the answers before I ask professionals questions!
So I have a 100A single phase domestic supply feeding the house CUs as well as a CU for an EV charger. One of the CUs feeds an AC coupled Inverter & battery.
The EV charger and the EPS on the inverter are earthed via a TT Island.
There is a 100A dual pole switch between the meter and the Henley Block feeding the CUs.

Would the correct level of surge protection for the house be provided by replacing the 100A switch with something like this Wylex100A DP Isolator with type2 SPD?

Assuming there's a comma missing and you have underground cables it sounds like a type 2 SPD would be the right choice. If possible, I would recommend having it in the consumer unit instead. Generally, a DP isolator can be purchased from £20 and a SPD under £50 but as a retrofit I see nothing wrong with the wylex one.

Reply to Surge Protection Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Bit confused about this. When a simple 4 pole isolater like this plastic wylex one, is rated at 100amp, does that mean, 100amp per phase? So it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has built an annex and their mother lives with them. Separate Board and all wired correctly. She want a separate meter now for...
Replies
Views
I have to extend the cable for the CT clamp for a EV charger installation. I was going to use external cat5e CAT5E External Duct Grade Cable PE...
Replies
Views
So often we have these difficulties...incompatible LEDs/dimmers...lamps staying lit, dimly and dimmers not doing the job. I hope to assist a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock