Discuss Swimming room Plant room in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonathan9468

Hi all

Going to look at a job on monday which is to put the power into the plant room for a friend of mine who is building a indoor swimming pool the main surply is 25m from the plant room and the need a CU in plant room for lights and pool accessories looking at spec the total running amps are around 30amps in total what size swa would you run to the cu in the plant room as they are thinking about using the cu to power outside lights and outside socket in the future and maybe a shower

cheers

jon

Possibly allow for 60amp sub-board. Probably need to henley & switch-fuse the tails.

Look at Appendix 1 of the on-site guide.
Add all the circuits (including possible future) then add a little for comfort, check in the BRB for current carrying capacity, work out Volt drop.

Sorry cant give any values at the moment as my BRB isn't to hand.

If there is the possibility of an addditional electric shower in the future then I would be looking to future proof the install by installing at least a 60A sub-main to the pool.

10mm 3c xlpe-swa will carry about 70A I think (depending on installation method). At 25M I dont think the VD will be a problem, need to do the calcs though as there is lighting to be fed off the sub-main also, 3% VD.

You may need to upgrade to a 16mm depending on how all your calcs work out, so 10mm would be the minimum IMO.

I have recently just finished a swimming pool plant room. The pool house was 38 meters from the main house and we used 16mm SWA from the original house to a merlin gerin distribution board in the pool room.

You need to get some more information however as with my job the house owner had to upgrade their supply to 3 phase as some equipment installed in the pool required this, for example the Fluvo, and filtration pump.

I also found it easier (and cheaper) to run all the swimming pool equipment (Fluvo, UV filter, pumps, underwater lights, heat re-circulator, and de humidifiers) from seperate RCBO's and then had another RCBO feeding a small dual split rcd board for lights (both indoor and out) and a couple of sockets in the plant room.

Another thing to look out for on the specs is that the pool lights and walkway lights were all low voltage so we needed to install a much bigger cable to prevent VD.

Hope this helps

Reply to Swimming room Plant room in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net