Discuss Terminating a 400A 3 phase supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Some neat work there and way above the sort of cable size I have done!

Now I want one of those fancy torque wrenches :)

One oddity though was no earth wire from the banjo to the main DB. I know the separate CPC would be the main route for fault current, but I personally would have linked the armour via the gland's banjo to the DB and not assume too much about the metal trunking when it comes to that size of cable.

What size Swa … nice job guys😎

Tony regularly works up to 4 core 240mm and 500mm singles. Well worth checking out his channel.

I'd watched the linked video from Residual Current a while back and thought it made him look like a new apprentice. Lot's of chat to camera and running about, but it was fairly apparent that the day's work was far beyond his experience.

3 things I got from his content;
1. I want an exhaust cutter, need to be damned
2. SWA armouring as free metal cable ties
3. "Jointech Cabling" because "Horse Cock Handler" doesn't make for a good business name

Ok ok 4; Beard envy is real 🤣

Reply to Terminating a 400A 3 phase supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I have been asked to pull in some new 3 phase supplies for 7 new welders which do not require a neutral connection. The client has...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question hoping I can get some help. I wanted to know if there is a 400V 3 phase supply (A/A/A) terminated on the primary side of a...
Replies
Views
I have been asked if I can wire a motor for a car lifter in a domestic garage, however the motor is 3 phase and only single phase is available in...
Replies
Views
BIG place OK lots of electrical bits. but one on a 3 phase Radial is tripping its RCCB so i check the wiring making sure its tight and it has...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock