Discuss Terminating parallel supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Need to use a pair of 6mm T&E in parallel to run an 10.8kW electric shower. Both same length and same route, will be joined to a single 10mm at the load end, and protected accordingly.

Can anyone recommend a terminal box which I can use for this?

I don't fancy putting a pair of 6mm into one side of a 50A chocbloc, but something like a Henley seems a bit OTT...

Need to use a pair of 6mm T&E in parallel to run an 10.8kW electric shower. Both same length and same route, will be joined to a single 10mm at the load end, and protected accordingly.

Can anyone recommend a terminal box which I can use for this?

I don't fancy putting a pair of 6mm into one side of a 50A chocbloc, but something like a Henley seems a bit OTT...
Use some 10mm2 save yourself the hassle of joining the 6mm2

What's wrong with good 'ol choc blocks? :)

Can't you just use an adaptable box with a DIN rail in it and some 60 Amp DIN mounted terminals.

images.jpg

wiska.jpg

I must be missing something.

How is it easier to run in 2x 6mm instead of 1x 10mm.

Two 8kW showers in adjacent bathrooms, replaced with one electric shower (the other is going to be pumped from the hot water cylinder)
[automerge]1583960516[/automerge]
Just wondering. At jointing point there may not be access.

Jointing point is in the loft- space above the bathroom so can be classed as accessible

They both go into the wall at the same place and come out in the loft at the same place. They were installed at the same time and are pretty much the same when metered, so I'm confident they're on the same route.

Go with Marvo. then. Make sure the box is big enough, though.

They both go into the wall at the same place and come out in the loft at the same place. They were installed at the same time and are pretty much the same when metered, so I'm confident they're on the same route.
Did you test the L+N resistance of both cables? What were the results/how big is the difference?

Last edited:
The push fits I've used, they arent as good as wago in my opinion.

The fire nuts I wouldn't touch and I don't think any self respecting electrician would.

The example push-fit are only to 2.5mm stranded anyway, Wago do to 6mm in leaver for sure, but I think the OP needs to attach to 10mm eventually.

Agree on the fire nuts!

The big 100A Henley style blocks seem overkill, I would generally use DIN rail stuff as you can get jumper bars to common them (so using two DIN terminals gives 4 connection points), and the earth style DIN terminals also ground to the rail itself.

Look on CEF for IVBWKN10-10 (10 way jumper bar, can be cut down as needed) and WKN10U (grey terminal) and WKN10U BLUE (same, but blue if you feel the need to colour code them for neutral). One jumper bar and 6 terminals would do each end.

If using the WKN10SLU earth terminals to common earth via the rail, then one 10-way jumper bar would do both ends (need 4 links of 2 terminals, so 8 from the bar).

Last edited:

Reply to Terminating parallel supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net