Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Test sheet recording Zs & Ze etc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johntom

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
When I test R1+R2, Ze and Zs and record them on the test sheet, do i record the Zs (as measured at all socket outlets) or do i have to make it fit using Zs=Ze+(R1+R2) ?
Obviously the measured values will differ from socket to socket etc and the R1+R2 will be the highest on the circuit, so the Zs won't equal Ze+(R1+R2) what do i record?
Got my elecsa on Thursday and don't want to fill the sheet in wrong!

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
record exactly what the meter says
the r1 r2 will quite often not add up exactly with the ze because the current flow of the eli test will power through a connection and an ohm meter wont

J

johntom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That makes sense, the sheet does say 'the highest measured Zs'. However when i did the C&G 2392 exam in february I was told to change either the (R1+R2) or the Zs, but can't remember which?
many thanks

Reply to Test sheet recording Zs & Ze etc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom