Discuss this is the worst looking van....ever!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
OK here it is:

muf22XXjhw0LnAhRbjkIsbQ.jpg

thoughts & opinions please....

well...

just did a job for a forum member up in Glasgow....

now heres the thing:

the new van drives really well......but dissapointing on hills...oh, it has a liking for fuel as well...

now:

Robin (neighbour) has a yard....he has offered to tow back the Boxer....

i`m going to see what the insurance issues are regarding dropping out the old 2.5 lump out of the van i have now...and putting in the 2.8HDI out of the written off Boxer....

that will sort out the slow up hills issue...i guarentee it...

You're right, it ain't pretty but a second class drive is always better than a first class walk in my opinion. Glad to see you're back on the road again. I'd just grit my teeth and drive it as it is, it will probably be more reliable and less complicated that way. You can always trade it in for something better when finances allow.

You're right, it ain't pretty but a second class drive is always better than a first class walk in my opinion. Glad to see you're back on the road again. I'd just grit my teeth and drive it as it is, it will probably be more reliable and less complicated that way. You can always trade it in for something better when finances allow.
Im sorry Marv....

but i have to see what the implications are...caus that Boxer pulled like a train....

the van i have now is solid...if the engine swap is a goer....then i`l keep this van...swap the power unit out...and feel much happier...

caus at the mo...:sad:

a turbo makes all the difference....

Going off on a tangent, as I do, I spotted a van just around the corner parked by the new housing estate and the company was called "The Bonny Tiler". :smilewinkgrin:

To me a van is a toolbox with an engine.

If it looks nice, all well and good, but all it really has to do is get me and my tools to the job on time.

Having said that if anyone can point me in the direction of some RAC orange touch up paint I'd be delighted. :D

Going off on a tangent, as I do, I spotted a van just around the corner parked by the new housing estate and the company was called "The Bonny Tiler". :smilewinkgrin:
theres a little story to tell about my trip to Glasgow actually...and it goes like this:

there i was gunnin it up the M6...i was well into scotland....

when all of a sudden the van starts to die.....the yellow fuel light was on....but i thought it will do until the next service station...yes?

Er, NO!!

it was actually dry..

so gets out on the hard shoulder and contemplates the long walk ahead....can in hand...

not got 50 yards from the van when a truck driver (who had obviously seen the diesel can in hand) pulls over to offer me a lift to the next service station (which happened to be about 15 miles up the road)...got me there where i filled up said fuel can....then he had a word with other truck drivers going the other way (south)...to see if any of them would drop me back at my van....

A guy from Telford said he would so in i gets....

anyway...back at the van...tops the fuel in...and starts crankin....

would it start...hmm...

WOULD IT CHUFF!!!

so..crankin it to try to get the fuel to draw through....coulombs please....

i could hear the battery dyin...

so what next?

OK...its not....toooo busy a road so gave it a shove down hill on the hard shoulder....whacked it in reverse...and after the second attempt it decided it wanted to go....

Up to the service station to get some more fuel in it....then up to Glasgow......

but the fuel gauge told me lies....its still telling lies now so i`ll have to watch that one....

Ah! ..... right. ...... or maybe she realised that women are crap at tiling and she now employs men to do the tiling while she sits in her office filing her nails.

And counting the money.

Well men have to be good at something........... cos the ones I know are crap at paperwork, shopping, cleaning, booking and remembering dr's appointments, ordering prescriptions............ shall I go on? :dita:

Reply to this is the worst looking van....ever!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net