• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Time delayed RCD in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Carlosfandango

-
Arms Access
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

My guys were testing a 500ma time delayed RCD today with our Fluke tester, can’t remember the model, 1556???
I had a go and couldn’t get it to trip either. The tester was set to time delayed setting, 500mA, did the 30s countdown but didn’t trip. Am I doing something wrong?? And yes I was definetly testing the load side of the RCD!😂

Risteard

-
TA
Arms Access
My guys were testing a 500ma time delayed RCD today with our Fluke tester, can’t remember the model, 1556???
I had a go and couldn’t get it to trip either. The tester was set to time delayed setting, 500mA, did the 30s countdown but didn’t trip. Am I doing something wrong?? And yes I was definetly testing the load side of the RCD!😂
Had you it set to the correct type of RCD, i.e. you weren't DC saturating an AC RCD or something like that?

Leesparkykent

Staff member
TA
Arms Access
Try it on the circuit not at the terminals. I can’t remember but there was one or two brands that don’t like being tested at the terminals...I don’t know the reasoning behind it, but worth a try.

davesparks

-
Arms Access
Try it on the circuit not at the terminals. I can’t remember but there was one or two brands that don’t like being tested at the terminals...I don’t know the reasoning behind it, but worth a try.
It's memshield 2 MR30 RCBO pods which can't be tested from the terminal screws because the live sensing coil is on the pod which clips on above the terminal.

Pete999

-
Arms Access
Tried 2 and 3, no avail!
The RCD is a TP 100amp mccb, 2 years old so doubtful that it’s faulty.
Your 2nd sentence The RCD is a TP 100A mccb? don't compute, mind you it is early

I had a similar issue with my Megger MFT Can't remember exactly what I was doing wrong but re read the manual and it worked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Electrical Forum 2