Discuss Truck lighting issues in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Okay so I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500hd. The turn signals and hazards stopped working all together randomly when I was driving. So I replaced all the fuses, replaced the flasher relay and replaced turn signal switch. I checked the grounds on the frame coming from the rear and front turn signals. And using a test light I found I have power at the relay but not the fuses. PLEASE HELP I’m extremely lost at this point

TL;DR
Can’t figure out turn signal issues
If its not all fancy .
My suspicion would be the Hazard warning switch its self .On an old setup.
(as the turn signals are routed thru it .)
.... But I'm a bit far away to actually have any experience with the Model you
mention , unless it has a European equivalent.
(I have downloaded a few schematics-but need to check their their relevance--
before any more knowledgeable comments can be made--I may be well OFF)
..I have aggressively activated a hazard warn switch--as you do--
,having the switch fail then . ( it was all eaten up by sun light )

If its not all fancy .
My suspicion would be the Hazard warning switch its self .On an old setup.
(as the turn signals are routed thru it .)
.... But I'm a bit far away to actually have any experience with the Model you
mention , unless it has a European equivalent.
(I have downloaded a few schematics-but need to check their their relevance--
before any more knowledgeable comments can be made--I may be well OFF)
..I have aggressively activated a hazard warn switch--as you do--
,having the switch fail then . ( it was all eaten up by sun light )
I replaced the hazard switch with the turn signal switch

Rather than replace everything, you need to get the wiring diagram for the car. See where the fuse picks its supply up from.

Hi,hazard switch is what my immediate guess was,as it was not listed in your original post.
Do you know if that model has a CanBus layout?

Rather than replace everything, you need to get the wiring diagram for the car. See where the fuse picks its supply up from.

It appears the fuses receive power from the flip side of the fuse box from the relay. Relay is placed on fuse box on the exact opposite side of the fuses. There is power at relay but no power at fuses

Wonder if there is a bad connection internally in the fusebox? May be worth trying to take a temporary 12v feed to it from a nearby fuse. Just to see if it gets things working.

Reply to Truck lighting issues in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net