Discuss Wagos on Final Ring Circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Will direct me please to this reg.
As I have read, it most certainly applies. This onen of the points I am clearly making in this thread.
For that one, I'll have to defer to my UK colleagues. Funny thing is, under Australian rules you'd be fine, we don't use ring final circuits so all final sub circuits are protected by an MCB/RCBO suited to the cable. Hence we can apply the full load at any point on the circuit without worries.

I have a feeling that the core of your misunderstanding is the meaning of 'point'. In electrical practice, this doesn't mean one microscopic locale in space, but one 'place' in the circuit. Hence a power 'point', lighting 'point' and a junction box is a 'point'. All the constituent parts of your wago connector are all one point.

I have a feeling that the core of your misunderstanding is the meaning of 'point'. In electrical practice, this doesn't mean one microscopic locale in space, but one 'place' in the circuit. Hence a power 'point', lighting 'point' and a junction box is a 'point'. All the constituent parts of your wago connector are all one point.
I have no misunderstanding. You are interpreting your idea of what a point is, which is not mine. I formed mine by looking at the bus bars in the Wagos and how they apply to rings and spurs off rings.

What is clear is that Wagos (and in-sure) have a bus bar inside with a point(s) off the bus bar with a cable connection on that. Nothing says the points have to be feet apart. One poster brought up a heavy appliance terminal switching unit, where the heavy appliances of a ring are about 1/2" apart on a ring.

British rings have no problem in plugging in appliances anywhere once designed properly. As long as one leg does not exceed its cable current rating all is fine regarding balance.

Regarding radials in other countries, I have always been uncomfortable with them not having fuses in the plugs, as is standard in the UK. So, a table light with low current flex is plugged into a socket, with the only protection being a 16A or 20A mcb at the consumer unit. That table lamp's flex will cook if they is a serous fault. Dangerous. My kitchen toaster is 800W, It have a 6A fuse in the plug. I always put 1 A fuses in table lamps. The flex and appliance is then protected properly.

I know people who have bought houses in Spain and France. They first thing they did was to fit UK 3-pin sockets and plugs on the radials inserting the correct plug fuse for the appliances. Were the appliance was over 13A they left the existing socket and plug - these are fixed appliances like dryers. I am not aware of continental plugs having fuses in them - unless someone knows of one on the market.

I have no misunderstanding. You are interpreting your idea of what a point is, which is not mine. I formed mine by looking at the bus bars in the Wagos and how they apply to rings and spurs off rings.

What is clear is that Wagos (and in-sure) have a bus bar inside with a point(s) off the bus bar with a cable connection on that. Nothing says the points have to be feet apart. One poster brought up a heavy appliance terminal switching unit, where the heavy appliances of a ring are about 1/2" apart on a ring.

British rings have no problem in plugging in appliances anywhere once designed properly. As long as one leg does not exceed its cable current rating all is fine regarding balance.

Regarding radials in other countries, I have always been uncomfortable with them not having fuses in the plugs, as is standard in the UK. So, a table light with low current flex is plugged into a socket, with the only protection being a 16A or 20A mcb at the consumer unit. That table lamp's flex will cook if they is a serous fault. Dangerous. My kitchen toaster is 800W, It have a 6A fuse in the plug. I always put 1 A fuses in table lamps. The flex and appliance is then protected properly.

I know people who have bought houses in Spain and France. They first thing they did was to fit UK 3-pin sockets and plugs on the radials inserting the correct plug fuse for the appliances. Were the appliance was over 13A they left the existing socket and plug - these are fixed appliances like dryers. I am not aware of continental plugs having fuses in them - unless someone knows of one on the market.

I don't think they need to. Aren't EU appliances designed to be safe to use on the European 16A radial circuits?

Never had a problem in Spain. Some sockets are fused, with little glass fuses, and these are for table lamps. The pin spacing on the plugs can vary accordingly, albeit all sorts of adapters exist to mix and match.

Europeans are completely comfortable not using fuses in plug tops because they are not required. Using the same adiabatic equation they can very safely plug their appliances into 16amp protected circuits. Fused plugtops in UK and Ireland on the other hand are obligatory due to the ring circuit having 32 amp circuit protection

Europeans are completely comfortable not using fuses in plug tops because they are not required. Using the same adiabatic equation they can very safely plug their appliances into 16amp protected circuits. Fused plugtops in UK and Ireland on the other hand are obligatory due to the ring circuit having 32 amp circuit protection
A 0.75mm flex is not protected on a 16A radial. The maximum rating for a 0.75mm cable is 6 amp. It needs 6 amp or lower protection, not 16 or 20 amp. Run 20 amps through a 0.75mm flex then see what happens to it.

A 0.75mm flex is not protected on a 16A radial. The maximum rating for a 0.75mm cable is 6 amp. It needs 6 amp or lower protection, not 16 or 20 amp. Run 20 amps through a 0.75mm flex then see what happens to it.
Overload protection can be omitted for a fixed load, as it's not possible for 20 amps to flow in this scenario.

Reply to Wagos on Final Ring Circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net