Discuss Walk in sun-shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

in got a clue

Right bit of a strange one here a customer has brought a 2nd hand walk in sun-shower well i think thats what thay are called (walk in sunbed) so thats 4 panels so its 60 tubes in total im thinking your looking at 32 - 40 amp supply with 6mm to 10mm cable rcd the normal stuff but coming from the sunshower thing there is only a 2.5mm flex so it seems abit odd putting a 2.5mm flex in a 40 amp breaker so am i missing something here as i know full well with 60 tubes are going to pull alot of load on start up but there is no way you can change the 2.5mm flex for abit of 6 - 10mm cable, most of the wiring is done in 1.5mm flex and 2.5mm flex on the sun-shower so im abit confused in what to do any help would be grate

well i know there is a 60/80 amp main fuse this is a family home so all the usual stuff shower cooker washing/dryer its a 3 bed room house and old re-wireable fuse board so that would even need changing i dont think its looking good for then really see i though it would be like kw 6.5 but i think im well wrong lol

those are industrial use ones, meant for short term use......they are getting banned soon from what I've been told, they are usually 3 phase are they not?

The person who bought one for home seems to have no worry about the danger......

The best thing that could happen to that "sun bed" / sun pipe contraption is for the lamps/tubes to get given in to environmentally friendly recycling and the rest of it to get smashed into a scrap skip....

Reply to Walk in sun-shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, Ive been in and out of a huge house rewiring as the renovate it for a year of so. Every is thing done and dusted except the downstairs...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
We own a small, one bedroom flat (built 1989). An EICR inspection raised three C2 observations and recommendations: (A) The shower cable, and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I will try and make this a painless as possible but grateful for anyones thoughts. I am currently contracted to install heaters for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Before I begin my tale of woe, I have my tin hat ready! I'm retired from the trade, I started out just as the 16th came in and had a rather...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock