Discuss water heating thermostat in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
the hot water in my house is scalding nearly boiling, i have oil heating system and imersion heater that heats the water would there be 1 thermostat for both on boiler and where abouts would this be???? if you can help

the hot water in my house is scalding nearly boiling, i have oil heating system and imersion heater that heats the water would there be 1 thermostat for both on boiler and where abouts would this be???? if you can help

Each system should have a thermostat, sounds like something has failed, the immersion should have a thermal cutout.

well the heating hasnt been on today but immersion has..., we were changing immersion heater circuits/cables last week but didnt touch anything else. how would you test thermal cutout??? isit a simple change over????

Last edited:

Reply to water heating thermostat in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Wonder if anyone can help out, my experience in heating is minimal. So house I was working in had a circuit for the water heater, which went to a...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, need more advise as getting two different views from electricians. Ty Detached double garage 10m from house, split equally into garden room...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back