Discuss What Is The Best Technology Available To Monitor Solar PV Arrays? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm assuming it will work on my generation meter LED (DMM), despite the Current Cost website saying they are not designed for microgeneration?

Current Costs: Optismart Meter Compatibility List:

Current Cost - Reducing your energy bills so you can live a greener life!

NB: Current Cost Netsmarts need a software update to work with solar generation meters.

At night solar systems turn off, at which point solar generation meter lights stay constantly on and dont flash.

Optismarts read this constantly on light as constant generation, until they have

a software update installed on them, which accounts for this behaviour.

Netsmarts require their software to be updated for this "solar generation meter scenario"

to mitigate this constantly on light, to ignore readings attained when no power is being

created.

Before you buy their products, ask them if they will work with your respective generation meter.

Also consider the location of your generation meter.

Optismart transmitters have to be a reasonable distance from the EnviR for this system to work.

If your house is very large, with thick walls or you use this system to monitor an external

generation meter, the transmitter may not be powerful enough to transmit to your EnviR.

Occasionally the Netsmarts crash and need rebooting.

Settings can be set on the PVOutput website to send an email to your email address when

no generation is being recorded, helping to inform you that your Netsmart may need

rebooting.

Current costs system is a cheap, easy method to record your solar systems generation,

without having a dedicated always on 24 hour PC.

Optismart>EnviR>Netsmart>Router

What it is not is a "failsafe" highly reliable monitoring solution purposely designed

for your manufacturers inverter - Such solutions come at a far higher price.

Current Costs system is inexpensive and fairly reliable at what it does, but does come

with limitations i.e Reliability, Transmission Distance etc.

Current Cost are exceptional at dispatching orders quickly, but very slow and poor at

supporting customers when things go wrong.

This may be because they are a small company.

Last edited:

Reply to What Is The Best Technology Available To Monitor Solar PV Arrays? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net