Discuss What to do after C&G L3 Electrical Installation in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Happyharry

Hi All

I am currently studying C&G L3 Electrical Installation expecting to complete in June 2013.
I am not sure which course to do next and am unsure as to what official work I can perform once I qualify with the L3.

Ideally I want to be employed as a fully qualified electrician or work for myself and be able to install and self certify the work.

I am 19 and want to ensure I follow the optimum course.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2382 ( 17th ed wiring regs) 2394/5, nvq, and loads of practical experience working with a good spark. if you can get all that in this current climate, then pigs do fly.

i dont see the point in looking at testing quals with virtually no experience.
dont do any more courses for a while , just go out and learn the job.

you will have had the lowdown on how to verify any work you do so as above....
i would be getting some experience in on the tools before owt else....
see what comes along after a while of that.....you may want to do some more stuff....such as that 2394/2395 that has replaced the 2391....its up to you fella...

Visit the job centre and learn how to say 'do you want fries with that'
Unfortunately things are a bit flat in my neck of the woods at the moment, our local college is churning out all these youngsters with C&G3 etc with nowhere to go too.
Offer to work for free with a medium sized company in the hope they find you to be a invaluable asset.

Visit the job centre and learn how to say 'do you want fries with that'
Unfortunately things are a bit flat in my neck of the woods at the moment, our local college is churning out all these youngsters with C&G3 etc with nowhere to go too.
Offer to work for free with a medium sized company in the hope they find you to be a invaluable asset.
can i have a cheeseburger please....

View attachment untitled.bmp

At 19 you can't really say your a fully qualified electrician if you have zero working experience. You desperately need to get out there on the tools for a couple of years, rather than staying at college learning more that you can't put into practice. Ideally you would be doing both, working and studying, but in these times that's easier said than done.

Your priority at this time, i would say is to get out there and gain experience with a company, or at the very least with an experienced self employed electrician. Don't be tempted to go it alone working for yourself via one of the scheme providers, you'll learn nothing, and could get yourself into a whole heap of unforeseen trouble!! What i'm basically saying is, don't run before you can confidently walk (the path!!)...

Reply to What to do after C&G L3 Electrical Installation in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net