Discuss what to expect on a elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

russyb

Hi i hope you can all help me
iv just passed my 2391 and want to join Elecsa and will be booking this in the next week or so just a couple of questions
what requirments do they need i.e paper work ect?
and on the day of assessment what will the assessor ask me and want to see.

many thanks

Im guessing you have all the other relevent qualifications not just 2391 ?

Enquire with them, they'll send you like a welcome pack / blabbering bull pack.

Welcome to the forum!

congratulations on the 2391 mate. i can't help you with regards to the scammers, but well done with the qual'.

oh, and a big hello as well!

Had mine a couple of weeks ago. Simple. Talked about elecsa, part p etc. Checked I had books, £2m public liability, calibration cert for tester. Checked I had cust complaints procedure (used the one they supplied in welcome pack and stuck it in a ring binder). Same again for estimates template. Chatted about insurance backed warranties and electrical safety register. Checked certs on install I was being assesed on. Drove assesor to the site (a cu change at my brother's flat). Checked if I knew how to use tester (zs at kitchen socket, rcd trip test and end to end resistance test from ring via lounge socket). Checked I knew the rcd trip times. Checked I was aware of earthing arrangements at the property. Random visual check on bathroom pull cord light switch. On way back home in car, tested my knowledge on associated building regs A, B, C, F, M, L1 etc. All they are checking is that you are safe and not an absolute numpty. Careful what you say about your install, as what can appear as a throw away remark, could be delved into and quizzed further. The whole experience was straight forward and informative. Took 3 hours total (around 30 mins on site). You find out straight away if you're in or not. Just relax, listen and enjoy.

Type in Elecsa assessment in the search box top left & I think you could spend a few days reading the posts on this subject.

Once your pack arrives like Murdoch has said everything will be as clear as fog!

Kettle biscuits also come to mind !

thanks all im one of thoses confident on my own but nerves when someones looking over my shoulder and asking me questions mind goes blank. Thanks the the welcome guys

Hi mate and welcome good luck with the assessment you will find your assessor to be friendly and he wont bombard you non stop its more like a discussion and he is basically seeing what you know and the questions will be on BS7671 and the regs
have copies of all certificates for completed works and £2 million PLI certificate, calibration certificate for calibrated equipment complaints form etc etc
when you contact elecsa ask them to send you a pack and it contains all info on whats required
such as
BS7671
OSG
GS38
Memorandum of guidance on elecy at work regs
elecys guide to building regs or at least knowledge of them so you can answer anything your not sure on then either try to look it up in one of your relevent books
and if still not sure then say so
He will look at all you paperwork ask you a few questions on the above then its off to the job to have a look at your work give him the guided to of the job and answer any questions or ask questins yourself if unsure of anything as he is there to help and advise also after all you are paying them a large chunk of money he will ask you to carry out some testiing and safe iso etc such as continuity , Ze ,Pfc, Zs, RCD, and he will compareyour results to your copied test sheets leave a board schedule or EIC at the job for ease of reference also as a DB schedule and dont forget appropraite warning and information labels

good luck mate you will find its not as bad as you think and happy new year
and t

I've been with ELECSA from 2011 and I remember being very nervous about my assessment, the only thing we got pulled on was a minor printing error in the PL insurance cert but that was soon sorted.
Last years assessment was a bit more relaxed as I knew what to expect. As long as your paper works upto scratch and you have a calibrated tester and know how to use it you will be fine.

If you have all the relevant info as above and decide to sign up dont worry too much about your visit, Just make sure your work complies with the regs. I did a consumer unit and ended up checking everything on the install (Connection on light switches Ect) tested and issued cert for consumer unit.

When the guy turned up he spent 45 mins checking the paperwork and then did a selection of tests (One of each) and asked a few simple question on the regs. Dont worry if you dont know the answer as long as you know where to get the answer from all is well.

Look at your test results and make sure they make sense. I tested a ring main and had it down as 0.12 end to end.. Turns out that I still had the meter nulled for my wonder leads.

People over worry these things.. Honestly they are not that bad. As long as your work is ok and you know how to test then you will be fine

Hi & welcome. :)

Good luck mate I'm sure it will go well and if the assessor is anything like I've experienced they will put you at ease. First time it was a bloke called John second time was John Rothwell both of them very pleasant to deal with and very helpful with plenty of advice.

Reply to what to expect on a elecsa assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net