Discuss What's this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is a JB under floorboards considered accessible? and finally is there any difference with a box in terms of accessibility with a modern wago box being hidden away ?

No, that is not classed as accessible. Would need an MF junction box.

I agree it’s not accessible anymore than a bath panel that needs a tool to remove......I think “Chris” classes them as accessible in one of his videos....so as @davesparks says matter of opinion...

Further to my original post, this junction box has 10 cables/wires going into/coming out of it. Is that normal for such a box?

No it's not. It has probably been added to over the years. Would be better if it was replaced with a modern multi way equivalent. Either with strain relief or with the cables clipped securely.

Reply to What's this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Removed an ancient light fitting, replaced with a newer one, the light comes on but can't be turned off with the switch. It was working...
Replies
Views
Hi, i live in a new build house where they builders have left a junction box on the outside of my house. In the junction box there is a 6mm twin...
Replies
Views
I need to add shop lights to my basement. I currently have one baseboard heater that runs straight to the breaker. Its a cadet 240v/4.2amp 1000w...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry in advance if this is a silly question. There is a junction box in my mother's kitchen, on the wall above her kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hopefully I haven't made an error but I was speaking with another electrician and he said standard junction boxes with screw terminals can no...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock