Discuss Which Electrical body do i choose in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shiner

Hi Everyone,
This question probably has been asked loads of times. But I'm at the stage of choosing an electrical body to join most of my work will be domestic. but i can't really see any difference between the 3 (NIC, Elecsa, Nappit). part from the prices.
i know the most recognised one is nic but i also hear they have there own measurements to be used.

Hi Everyone,
This question probably has been asked loads of times. But I'm at the stage of choosing an electrical body to join most of my work will be domestic. but i can't really see any difference between the 3 (NIC, Elecsa, Nappit). part from the prices.
i know the most recognised one is nic but i also hear they have there own measurements to be used.

hi shiner if i had my decision again it probably would be the 2nd or 3rd option

Always found Elecsa very helpful.
You don't have to comply with any regulations other than the IEE ones, NICEIC have their own as well.

with nic they take it upon themselves to add extra things and tweak stuff so its there own,,they even put max readings on the inside of front cover of test certs which the bs7671 have pulled them up on it as they are the wrong readings

Elecsa.... would never give the NIC a snifff...!!unless of course i grow big and do lots of commercial and industrial...! then i would probably go down the ECA route then...!

well according to the NIC its 100 ohms MAX. Ra on a TT.....doesn`t even say that in BS7671....and anyway....good set of rods will bring Ra down well below that...just ask engineer 54 when he gets in....

If you are being bent over a barrell and being beaten by a baseball bat by the big bully ( because he has many friends that you need to meet) then join that bully

In other words
Unless you grow larger and need this "abomination" of an organisation for work generation,then choose differently
icon7.png

Go for the absolute cheapest!! Especially if your just starting up and only doing domestic...
Don't understand all this stuff about, this ones better than the other malarkey, as they will ALL treat you as just another cash cow... lol!!!

Reply to Which Electrical body do i choose in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net