Discuss which is the current easiest T & E to work with ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Prysmian is the best imo

copper cable company is good

when I first started house bashing I used a lot of ABB wessel which is ok

some of the non branded stuff I have picked up from the Diy sheds while in a pinch has been hit and miss

Not a sparks, But a tree surgeon (Dope head) near me uses a open back truck .All his gear in the back etc during the day. Parked up to get a coffee . Heard a lot of people sounding their horns etc ... A bunch of Nomadic caravan dwellers had stopped their van in the traffic and helped themselves . He lost the lot . Including 2 mega expensive lawnmowers . Site/van tool theft is mental around london. They will do it directly in front of sites and "front" any owner .

If you see this T+E and especially SWA throw it in the bin its absolute trash

Atom-Kablo-Twin-and-Earth-Cable-Roll-15mm2.jpg

Is that the old Turkish carp that wholesalers were knocking out a few years ago , I had a roll of 1mm of that stuff and it was horrific to strip

Prysmian is the best imo

copper cable company is good

when I first started house bashing I used a lot of ABB wessel which is ok

some of the non branded stuff I have picked up from the Diy sheds while in a pinch has been hit and miss
Got a 100m roll of Prysmian 2.5mm² T&E and its pants, almost like they forgot the chalk. Even pulling 4" of sheathed off is an absolute PITA.

Must be a bad batch because, as you say, its normally the best.

Got a 100m roll of Prysmian 2.5mm² T&E and its pants, almost like they forgot the chalk. Even pulling 4" of sheathed off is an absolute PITA.

I had the same thing with a couple of rolls of Prysmian T&E a few years ago - the outer sheath was well and truly stuck to the insulation. I wouldn't touch the stuff now and usually go for Doncaster Cables.

Found the same a couple of years back - one roll a pleasure to work with, but the next was a royal pain in the backside.

Doncaster ,Pirelli, BICC were good quality T&E. Looks like Prysmian has dominated the market.
If I remember correctly Pirelli bought the small cable division of BICC and some years later became Prysmian
One you didn't mention although I have not found any wholesaler selling it in along time was AEI, back in the 80's I think they were the only company who manufactured 1.5 and 2.5 stranded t & e as a carry over from the 3/.029 and 7/.029 imperial cable sizes. A large factory project I was working on at the time had it specced for all the welfare and office wiring, every couple of weeks I was tasked to go to the factory in Leigh to collect 4000m of the stuff

Looking back to when I started in the industry there was more than 20 sites within a 30 mile radius of where I live manufacturing cable of all types now it's down to 2 or 3

Reply to which is the current easiest T & E to work with ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net