Discuss who signs off a qualified supervisor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

what are your sparks like? do you feel happy signing their work off?

Reasonable happy with their work. One of our newbies has some problems compiling the EICRs so I have been out with him to oversee. One he submitted to me I refused to sign off as too much info missing or unclear. Tempted to send him back to retest but think the tenant may object.

the certs need countersigning by the qualified supervisor and the person doing the tests , if this is both you , sign it twice
as a qualified supervisor you are the duty holder so its all on your head now .

I find EICR the hardest to check with all the tick sheets I have make sure the sparks have ticked the correct boxes with reference to what observations they and made and what limitations are involved

Reasonable happy with their work. One of our newbies has some problems compiling the EICRs so I have been out with him to oversee. One he submitted to me I refused to sign off as too much info missing or unclear. Tempted to send him back to retest but think the tenant may object.

yeah, these are the decisions you'll have to make now. you'll just have to annoy the tenant - don't go sticking your name on anything you think could come back and bite you on the arse.

congratulations on the promotion.

I have a similar issue with some of our guys. I'm the QS, and was getting all sorts of poor test sheets back with loads of info missing. I compiled a check sheet of all the info that was required (basic things like number of points and location of DB). I also made a domestic EICR tick sheet explanation, explaining what all the tick boxes meant. I can't take credit for some of the text, I copied and pasted from a ot of sources, but it seems to have helped. If someone could give me a pointer to uploading a pdf onto here I'd be happy to share.

the certs need countersigning by the qualified supervisor and the person doing the tests , if this is both you , sign it twice
as a qualified supervisor you are the duty holder so its all on your head now .
Not always so mate.
I am a QS, as are 2 others in my company, but the duty holder is another person altogether, in fact until very recently it was someone who has never been an electrician.

Not always so mate.
I am a QS, as are 2 others in my company, but the duty holder is another person altogether, in fact until very recently it was someone who has never been an electrician.

The law will appoint the duty holder.
So it wouldn't have been an incompetent person if competent persons are in the same enterprise.

anyone can be a duty holder, so long as they also have QS's to do the actual work of overseeing, duty holder is just a position of responsibility not ability

I find EICR the hardest to check with all the tick sheets I have make sure the sparks have ticked the correct boxes with reference to what observations they and made and what limitations are involved

thats why,as a system, its fundamentally flawed, and it should be one licence one spark, all sparks that do this work are quailfied and registered. As it stands its cobblers and doesnt work.

this is what NAPIT etc are doing, each member has to be qualified and checked.

the QS system needs bazooka-ing.

Message for Flanders. Here's the "Domestic EICR tick sheet explained" I made for the men. Anyone feel free to suggest any changes.

Attachments

• Domestic EICR tickbox sheets explained.pdf
    421.6 KB · Views: 59

Reply to who signs off a qualified supervisor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net