Discuss Will the DEXTRA GROUP Impervia LUXT5249 PC EL fluorescent fittings take LED tubes? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shooby

-
Reaction score
Hi.

As per subject heading. We have a lot of these florrie fittings at our unit that we'd like to change to LED. The manufacturer - DEXTRA - claim that there are no LED tubes that can work in them, so we need complete new LED fittings. It would obviously be a lot less work if we could fit LED tubes in place of the T5 florrie tubes.

The existing tubes are T5 fitting, 1500mm, 49W, with 2 in each unit.

Thanks.

It would obviously be a lot less work if we could fit LED tubes in place of the T5 florrie tubes.
This is debatable because if there is no direct replacement then you would have to rewire / bypass the ballast for both tubes in each fitting
LED tubes are also approx 2-3 times the cost of a normal tube so with 2 tubes in each fitting would be quite costly for a lot of lights

If it were me, I would just buy LED fittings which in my opinion would be easier / quicker to fit and probably cheaper in the long run

Having done retrofits for tubes on a quantity amount, I would say replace rather than retrofit. You get problems like the tube holders breaking due to age and poor fitting with worn copper terminations the pins. Time wise it is about the same to strip out a fitting and replace. Modern led battens are all push fit. The messing around with bypassing the ballast imo is just not worth it. As well the energy saving is something to be considered as you may not need as many LED as you have fluourescents. It is definitely worth thinking about cost wise as there are some good prices on LED battens.

Reply to Will the DEXTRA GROUP Impervia LUXT5249 PC EL fluorescent fittings take LED tubes? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net