Discuss Wiska boxes (below ground) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, used the wiska boxes many times but not with the magic gel, have some outside lights to do and customer doesn’t want SWA to be seen has anyone used the boxes before filled with the gel and put underground, can’t see it lasting too long to be honest as moisture and wet always find a way through, have seen the ground stakes they do but customer doesn’t want any cable on show.
Thanks

Hi all, used the wiska boxes many times but not with the magic gel, have some outside lights to do and customer doesn’t want SWA to be seen has anyone used the boxes before filled with the gel and put underground, can’t see it lasting too long to be honest as moisture and wet always find a way through, have seen the ground stakes they do but customer doesn’t want any cable on show.
Thanks
If you can't do the job safely due to customer pressure, walk away.

wiska boxes are fine underground with the gel, and always openable a few years later due to the plastic mechanism. I tend to use metal boxes and fill with gel, bit more substantial if the spade hits them.

I had to dig up some wiska boxes without gel last year. Not installed by us! They were full of water and soil...not recommended!
For those that do use the gel, I'm curious how you guys make off the SWA? Cw glands and knuckle dusters? Would have imagined even cws would let damp into armour and rot it out over time? I've always tended to use resin joints for underground swa, but they are fiddly! What about the new(ish)wiska shark joints?

wiska boxes are fine underground with the gel, and always openable a few years later due to the plastic mechanism. I tend to use metal boxes and fill with gel, bit more substantial if the spade hits them.
Wiska boxes underground are a hack, be professional and use proprietary enclosures.

Reply to Wiska boxes (below ground) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net