Discuss 12v Relay in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes get a grip bluudy great drawing on the package, pins are numbered, plug and play, can't see from your picture, did you get the base as well?

Come on now gents, he's a full NICEIC approved contractor, you can't expect him to be able to read the wiring diagram printed on the package or on the relay itself now can you?

Connections are going to be down to which alarm panel you are using....will either be through onboard relay, via aux 12v. or off logic outputs. If panel has outputs only, check current rating as a low current relay maybe required first.

Lets not over complecate it, he needs to switch a 230 volt supply from a 12 volt source through a 12 volt coil, by the way happy Birthday for yesterday, I heard you were 60, congrats :biggrin:

Im trying not to, but the relay chosen draws about 130mA and some alarm outputs can only give 50mA...hence advice to check first

Thank you for the mild abuse, I appreciate that there is a drawing on the back, it would have been more helpful if labelled thats all.

I was presuming that 2 and 7 were the 12v feed and the others were the NO or NC contacts, just wanted some clarification.

Ill stick with this.

2 coil +
7 coil -
1 com 1
3 NO 1
4 NC 1
8 com 2
6 NO 2
5 NC 2

Ok, its a Castle Enforced alarm, see photos from the instructions.

It says, the IO board says it has a max current output of 70mA, but then below it says the PGM/SAB outputs are 250mA continuous?

Any thoughts as im a little stumped now...

2014-10-24 13.49.46.jpg2014-10-24 13.49.33.jpg

Presume the system is using wireless bells....so the bell output should be 250mA, which should be fine for your relay.....test first with meter, set alarm off, you should get 12v across bell and +12v terminals. and no voltage when rest.....
If all ok...connect bell to terminal 7 on relay, and +12v to terminal 2 on relay.

Ok, its a Castle Enforced alarm, see photos from the instructions.

It says, the IO board says it has a max current output of 70mA, but then below it says the PGM/SAB outputs are 250mA continuous?

Any thoughts as im a little stumped now...

View attachment 26801View attachment 26802

i would suggest first using a solid state relay to switch the load to the coil relay or contactor
solid state relays draw very little current

but tazz is right test out the circuits before making a decision

Thank you very much for the pointers here, yes its wireless at present.

Ill give it a try tomorrow probably.

Which are the SAB outputs on the picture? Im not too sure.is it the D1 D2 etc..?

The solid state relay, do you feel I should put it in, presumably you take the 12v feed from the alarm, to the solid state relay, then that output to the other relay?

So im looking for a DC to DC 12v solid state relay yes?

forget about solid state relays, output is terminals Bell and +12v as in my previous post.
If you are still unsure confirm with Pyronics

Thank you for the mild abuse, I appreciate that there is a drawing on the back, it would have been more helpful if labelled thats all.

I was presuming that 2 and 7 were the 12v feed and the others were the NO or NC contacts, just wanted some clarification.

Ill stick with this.

2 coil +
7 coil -
1 com 1
3 NO 1
4 NC 1
8 com 2
6 NO 2
5 NC 2
No worries your welcome, we like you thats why it was mild :biggrin:

Reply to 12v Relay in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net