Discuss 17th ed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

-
Reaction score
hi all some advice please ive been told that if u have the 2330 level 2 & 3 u only need to do the 17 edtion up grade is it true? and does the 17 ed cover part p? or is part p another qulification. one more question is it necsery to gain the nvq level3? to become an fully qulifierd sparks. sorry bout the spelling thanks 2 those who reply

hi all some advice please ive been told that if u have the 2330 level 2 & 3 u only need to do the 17 edtion up grade is it true?
City and Guilds allow that, or 2660 or 2351 (depending on date) or 2381 (depending on date).

and does the 17 ed cover part p? or is part p another qulification.
I'll answer as best I can as Part P does not apply over here. Part P (or Approved Document P) forms part of the Building Regulations, and as such is not a qualification at all. It has nothing to do with BS7671 (although, effectively enforces it as the Building Regulations are statutory even though BS7671 is non-statutory).

You can, however, register with a scheme-provider to be able to self-certify work, rather than paying Building Control to arrange it.

one more question is it necsery to gain the nvq level3? to become an fully qulifierd sparks. sorry bout the spelling thanks 2 those who reply

The JIB requires the NVQ Level 3 to issue an Electricians' Grade Card.

Reply to 17th ed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hi All, This is my first post so go easy on me ? I am an apprentice trained electrician with NVQ level 2/3, AM2 and 17th edition. A short time...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Long story short been an electrical engineer for 10 years. looking to take on domestic work (and no Ime not claiming it easy or that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone in short I’m a qualified electrician I have approved JIB status, C&G 2360 1&2, NVQ 3, 2391 testing and inspection and 17th edition...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock