Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 17th edition and UFH in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dave

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all.....

Has there been any changes to the installation of electric under tile heating in bathrooms etc.....

I am a tile fixer by trade . How has this effected if any the installation for tile fixers if we use a sparky for the connection...which i know you have to anyway..:)

What i want to know is... has this changed in any way....:confused: now the 17th edition is out..??

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi all.....

Has there been any changes to the installation of electric under tile heating in bathrooms etc.....

I am a tile fixer by trade . How has this effected if any the installation for tile fixers if we use a sparky for the connection...which i know you have to anyway..:)

What i want to know is... has this changed in any way....:confused: now the 17th edition is out..??
well in the 17th, floor and ceiling heating systems is now a special installation/location, in Section 753

I cant vouch for what has 'changed', but there are three pages in there for it, but the big thing to consider is that UFH in bathrooms would mean you would have to consider Section 753 AND Section 701 (Bathrooms), and 701 has changed considerably!! (RCD's, Zones, Supp bonding etc)

be worth you digging it out and having a look;)

D

Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you repeat that in english please......:):):):):)....

If you don't understand what Shakey is saying then you should not be dabbling with the electrical side of the installation. May I suggest, for your own professional standing and the safety of your good clients, you get a registered electrical contractor to take charge of electrical side of your work. You will then be able to sleep soundly! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Aico 3000 Range

Reply to 17th edition and UFH in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom