Discuss 2391 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Do any of you know if the 2391 course is available anywhere. I know its been replaced with the 2395 but i've geard that its a dumbed down version. Most companies are still advertising for 2391.

Most companies are still advertising for 2391.

Thats only because those with the true knowledge understand the value of the 2391. Give it a couple of years when they are replaced with younger versions and its only the 2394/95 that will be recognised as the qualification to have --- whats a 2391?

Purely and utterly my own opinion of course .....

the 2391 is as said old and no longer in circulation , any companies asking for 2391 can be assured that the 2394-5 is the new version and that your qualifications are newer and fresher :D 2391 is for the old farts.

its not dumbed down either its just spread into too hence the higher cost .

although 2394 is rather not worth doing tbh just the 2395 in a set order

Didn't mean to upset anyone lads but I disagree even my instructor said when I was doing my design course that they have made the 2394 2395 easier than the 2391 don't shoot the messenger but the 2391 lads don't have to do the 2394 or 2395 exams again as we have the superior exam

2391 was the daddy of exams

2394 2395 is foolproof so i hear, might have a look for some sample questions

Best way to find out for sure is the check city and guilds website for cheif examiners reports and see what percentage pass rate overall is

on average if i recall correctly the 2391 was 30% pass rate for the UK

Didn't mean to upset anyone lads but I disagree even my instructor said when I was doing my design course that they have made the 2394 2395 easier than the 2391 don't shoot the messenger but the 2391 lads don't have to do the 2394 or 2395 exams again as we have the superior exam

i am going to high 5 this post , hell yeah ! ;-)

back in '97 my 2391 was so difficult C&G would only accept exams papers etched in sandstone.

not like the nancy boy ipad generation of today having to do 2 test quals cos 1 was too hard , boo hoo.

;-)

Reply to 2391 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net