Discuss 24 class change. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KNIPEX

ive just wired a class change system all 24v sounders back to a danfoss randall unit, ive been told that i now need a 24v transformer to power the sounders as the danfoss unit doesnt have one built in.

so can anyone reccomend me a 24v tranformer that will run 10 sounders please, and how do i then wire this into the danfoss unit.

im sure many of you would have had a similar thing in the past.

thanks in advance :)

You can get 24v power pack which come enclosed in a box with battery back-up option just enquire at any wholesalers these are easily big enough to power the sounders but make sure you get the a.c. or d.c. correct that the 24v sounders require i assume this supply will go through some kind of relay in this danfoss unit with which i aint fimiliar with?

Am I right in thinking a danfoss unit is just some sort of timeclock...if this is so and has a spst contact just take your +24 through contact and 0v straight to sounders.

As already mentioned check ac/dc of sounder and VA rating to ensure capacity of psu is good enough.

Last edited:
ok guys, just to add to this, ive had the tranformer connected all up to the danfoss unit but when i press the button it just buzzes through the sounder doesnt actually sound.

the circuit is a radial with about 10 sounders on wired in 2.5 aswell. do i need a resistor in the last sounder???

any other help please guys, dont want this getting the better of me.

thanks.

Are the sounders a.c. or d.c. and does this match with the 24v you supplied, if yes try it with just one sounder to see if it works and you would only require an end of line resistor if you had it connected to some sort of monitoring fire alarm system as these use the resistor as a reference that the cable is damaged or open circuit.

Reply to 24 class change. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net