Discuss 6mm heat. Resistant flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Try CEF, I got 4, 6 and 10mm heat resistant flex from them, good prices too.

Hi - for what it’s worth CEF has 85 C listed on it just now (?).

3CCF3DBA-A803-4432-A918-F724A9899D48.jpeg

i have ordered it from them twice and they have sent ho7rnf I complained it was wrong not as stated in the link and still I received ho7rnf?
very frustrating.
The installation in having problem with is a thermal store that has 3 immersion on and the ho7rnf is getting warm, (warmer than im comfortable with. So wanted to try a high temp rated 6mm flex. Using a bigger cable not feasible as control unit will only take 6mm. Contemplating putting a 4mm heat resistant parralel in to try and sort this problem. Cable run is only 3M. On a 40A mcb.

The installation in having problem with is a thermal store that has 3 immersion on and the ho7rnf is getting warm, (warmer than im comfortable with. So wanted to try a high temp rated 6mm flex.

How warm is it? I mean an actual temperature not just what it feels like.

Heat resistant flex won't get any less warm during operation.

bigspark17, I would suggest that a temperature device might be a neat addition to your kit.
First of all, if you had any doubts, you could record the actual temperature and run it by the manufacturers if you had concerns.
Second, it boosts your case if you can show actual readings, and gives you added kudos.

I use a simple digital thermometer for doing, amongst other things, Legionnella Risk Assessments alongside my ISITEE. I can show the actual temperature readings obtained at hot and cold supplies, rather than simply ticking the box to say "yes" the temps are within range. That gives added credence to your results, and can give you scope to, say, recommend the boiler be turned up to achieve the correct hot water temperature. OK, the landlord may turn it down after I leave, but that's not my problem. if i state a temperature, state also that I got the right temperature by turning the boiler up, and left a copy of my findings with the landlord, I am bullet-proof.
So, if you are worried about cable temperature, a simple device can put you in pole position.
It's all about credibility. I do not doubt for a moment that if you are concerned about a cable temperature, then you are right to be so as you will have the experience to know if it seems wrong, but if you have a readout on a proper device you can then take issue with added confidence.

Reply to 6mm heat. Resistant flex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net