Discuss 96v 2000w turbine Question? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

boersy

Could someone please tell me if a 2kv permanent magnet turbine with no load should spin freely or should you feel a type of mgnetic pulse when you spin it by hand? Cheers

Why have you started a new thread with the same question?
And yes you will feel a pulsing as the magnetic rotor poles pass though the stator poles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thread was stale.. would it be fair to say that my turbine will not spin because of too much magnetic resistance?

If there is no load then it should spin relatively freely it is only when current is drawn from the system do you get a second magnetic field in the stator that creates resistance to rotation

Mechanical stiffness IE bad bearings, misalignment, out of balance
Is it new or old
has it been used
Is it clean and in good condition
It may need stripping down and be given a mechanical overhaul

I got it working.. there was a dead short between the windings and the slip ring. ran a new double insulated 3 core wire and now it spins freely. thanks to all that helped

Reply to 96v 2000w turbine Question? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Good day I'm a university student on a product design course. To create a product around electricians day to day work making your lives easier...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock