Discuss A couple of testing questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all

I am in the process of re-wiring a 4 storey property and have 2 c/units, 1 in the cellar and 1 on the 2nd floor. I have run a cable from the henley box up to the 2nd c/unit on the 2nd floor and I'm wondering if I need to provide test results for this cable on the schedule?

Also the job is being done in stages over the next year so do I need to provide an EIC for every stage and then at the end of the job rip all these up and provide just one EIC for the whole installation?

Cheers

i would record a Zdb at CU2. as for the EIC, i would note readings at each stage and complete 1 EICat completion of the job, unless client wants a separate cert, for each stage. then do as you say.

and a switch/fuse in cellar feeding the CU2 tails might be good.

I'd do a cert for each stage, there's no need for one covering the whole installation mate. I'd work out how many you're likely to issue in total and then just number them accordingly, 1/15 2/15. 3/15 etc

hi i am new to this and dont know who to ask about a problem i have

i have a small private job to supply a out house (very small shed) which is less than 10m from the house but its a terrace and the consumer unit is at the front of the house can i spur off with an un switched 13amp fuse spur from the nearest socket (ring)with a 4mm swa cable to supply a garage fuse board which will supply 4 gu10 down lights and a couple of sockets.

I used a 16mm SWA..which snakes it's way through the cellar up through 3 rooms then across the attic and back down to another loft area.

Would a Ze test at db2 be sufficient or will I need insulation resistance, continuity etc

no reason why you can't spur off in 2.5mm if it's fused down at 13A. however, i would not fit a board in the shed. feed sockets direct and |FCU off at 5A or 3A for the lights. question is,,, is the socket you are coming off part of a RCD protected circuit?

telectrix thanks for the reply, there is no rcd protection at all its an old board with rewireable fuses and a couple of dated mcbs thrown in the mix lol so i probably will have to replace it to meet regs

telectrix thanks for the reply, there is no rcd protection at all its an old board with rewireable fuses and a couple of dated mcbs thrown in the mix lol so i probably will have to replace it to meet regs

or fit a RCDFCU at the socket you're feeding the shed from.

This SWA submain you have put in needs taking out of the 'Henley box' and terminating into a suitable switch fuse. Feed said switch fuse from your Henley with tails.

Its a circuit so requires testing, same as every other circuit.

not sure what you mean Trev..which test will it get rid of?

My understanding of the procedure would be to take a Ze reading at cu2 and test circuits as normal, just the same as cu1. But record a separate set of test results just for the armoured link itself, is this correct?

Reply to A couple of testing questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net